Tuesday, September 1, 2009

IMPACT ON LEARNING
My curriculum mapping is used to see a direct correlation between my teaching strategies and the knowledge and understanding my students' gain. I use the standards to guide me in the skills my students need to master in order to move on to the next topic. My curriculum practice allows me to give students immediate feedback when needed. I have diversified the assessments so that every learning style is addressed. Deciding what is essential for my students to know and then determining how my students will demonstrate their understanding lets me create the best road map for the learning experience. I am able to give all my time to facilitating my students because I have already designed the process to which my students will be assessed and the skills needed. If a student has to change from one math teacher to another the curriculum's mapping allows this transition to be less stressful and the knowledge gain in one class can be carried to the next. My students are free to explore a topic from all directions. The Curriculum Mapping allows you to change skills as the lesson is being taught and the students demonstrate that they may need more or less time in a particular area.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is so difficult to respond to everything--even at this moment I was working on something else, and had to take a brain break! ;-) Thanks for all the work you have done and are continuing to do.

    ReplyDelete