Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Teacher's Motto





“The Teacher’s Motto


As school starts back, budget cuts have given us furlough days, our class size may increase, we no longer get the $100 to buy supplies for our students and classrooms. We must remember why we became teachers.

“A hundred years from now, some things won’t matter; how much money was in my bank account, the size of the house in which I lived, or the kind of car I drove around…but the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child.”

author unknown
http://www.behavioradvisor.com/oldindex.html

2 comments:

  1. Bea,

    Everything is SO crazy nowadays! In just the year I've been teaching, things have changed for the worse! Have the 100 gift card was so helpful to me last year, and now it's been taken away from us! :( Now with the furlough taking place, I wonder how far things will go! It makes me scared, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea,

    I always love to read your posts, and your blog page. Thank you so much for the optimism and the information you provide to us all. Please keep up the hard work you surely put into all you do.

    Leisa

    ReplyDelete